Sunday, January 24, 2010

Now She Is Rising...

Hello Everyone. Greetings from Uganda!

"Now She Is Rising" is a line from Maya Angelou's poem entitled "Africa" ... I believe it is a befitting title that describes Uganda as well as myself. I'd heard my share of stories about Uganda before arriving- The people, the food, the culture, the history and so on. When Erin and I arrived she would say, "That wasn't there before" and, " When did they build that?" I realized that the "pearl of Africa" is reclaiming her title ... she is rising. And I hope to get to know her better in the weeks ahead.

As for myself, I am on a new journey. I'm traveling, learning, growing ... I am too rising. To where? I have no idea at this point, but I invite you to join me as I discover. These are my reflections- These are my stories . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment