Sunday, February 14, 2010

My Research? . . . Eh, Let Me Explain

I've been so busy here that I've failed to explain exactly why I am here! My apologies.

So in a few short words ---> Here it goes . . .

I am a student at the University of Tennessee and through the College Scholars Program I have been given the opportunity to design my own interdisciplinary program.

Program Title: Post-Conflict Education in Africa.

This semester in Uganda is dedicated to my research study in Gulu. I am conducting a comparative study of governmental and non governmental, foreign and community-based educational programs in the post-conflict setting of northern Uganda.

I will be working with NGOs and CBOs in the region. I HOPE to get a volunteer position at Pincer Group (I will tell you a little bit more about them in my next blog).

So, for the next 3 1/2 months I will be interviewing, carrying out participant observations and gathering data as I lay the ground work for my senior thesis.

A lot of my blogs will be about my research study ...

So I hope it keeps you interested just as much as my social posts!

Ok, explaining myself ---> CHECK!

No comments:

Post a Comment